Tuesday, 8 March 2016

four choirs

[another draft post from last year which was pretty much finished]

Saturday 25 April 2015 was a day of music. We all went to the Museum of Childhood for the afternoon, where they were having a day of St George's Day celebration music. We heard the Sea Shanty Choir (which Fiona is in) and the Cecil Sharp House Choir (which I was in for a term at the start in its earliest form as a community choir, and which Julia who used to be in Morris is in), and also the Becontree Brass Band and Hedge Pigs. While the other choirs were enjoyable, it affirmed to me that I was in the right choir for me.

In the evening the others went to an election hustings in Southwark Cathedral and I went to St Barnabas' Church for a late afternoon/early evening performance of the Morris Folk Choir along with the Shacklewell Community Choir (we sang separately, and Freedom Train together). We were a relatively small group, but it went fine; again, I think an indication of the increased confidence Michelle has given us that we feel at ease performing in much smaller numbers.