Monday, 16 February 2015

avengers assemble; quartet

On Friday 2 January, the younger generation and I finished watching Avengers Assemble during the day, being off, which we rather enjoyed (it was well-written, good dialogue, and not overdoing the action sequences), and then all of us watched Quartet, set in a home for retired musicians, which was okay.

A line which stuck with me from Avengers Assemble was from Bruce Banner, the mild-mannered scientist who morphs into The Hulk when he's angry, and people strenuously avoid making him angry. But it's clear that he's remaining calm and softly-spoken by force of will. Eventually they are in urgent need of The Hulk, and Captain America says, 'Now might be a good time to get angry'. He says, 'That's my secret, Captain: I'm always angry.' - and immediately turns into The Hulk.

I identified with that.