Wednesday, 10 December 2014

transforming grace; the case for christ

On Wednesday 19 November I finished Transforming Grace, by Jerry Bridges. Other people have appreciated it a great deal, including the person who gave it to me, but I just thought it was okay. I think, as they say, it didn't scratch where I itch.

Conversely, very much scratching where I was itching was The Case For Christ, by Lee Strobel, which I finished on Saturday 6 December. A former crime journalist interviewing different theological academics in their area of speciality in relation to proofs, evidence, reliability etc of the gospels and the story of Christ. I found the style a little annoying, with the author narrating the ongoing thoughts and actions within the interview to give it some 'colour', but the content was solid.