Thursday, 15 November 2012

christmas

Seems hardly worth recording these days how much earlier every year Christmas things come. Card Factory had its Christmas stock in place at the end of the summer school holidays, I'm sure, and lots of stores have Christmas displays up.

But today was the first day I was aware of hearing Christmas music in two of the shops I went into down Walworth Road this morning. The second was Morrisons, and I forgave them a little as the song I heard first was Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses, which I've had in my head for a few days (I've been feeling oddly Christmassy, perhaps because I've finished the editing of the magazine and have been planning the Christmas break). Inexplicably, I don't have Christmas Wrapping on any of my Christmas compilations (except a rubbish cover by the Spice Girls). (I have seven or eight compilation CDs of the kind it might appear on; I have other VA and single-artist Christmas CDs, up to a total of - I've just looked - around thirty...)