Thursday, 17 June 2010

the only joke michael mcintyre's ever written

Some notes from a Bafta comedy special article in the Radio Times of 5 June.

Michael McIntyre's favourite one-liner: 'The only joke I've ever written - I've got a good car. It gets me from A to B. The only problem is I live in Kew.'

Funniest thing that's ever happened to you. Alexander Armstrong: 'I got chased down a street by a pap who thought I was Paul Burrell. He was snapping away and shouting, "So what have you got to say about the anniversary of Diana's death, Paul?" This was the anniversary of Diana's death, Paul?" This was April so I said, "She died in August, didn't she?" And he was saying, "Oooh, ironic that you of all people can't remember when she died, eh Paul? Eh, eh?"'

What would you never advertise? Charlie Brooker: 'I was asked to take part in a Conservative election broadcast, which means they haven't read anything I've ever written or said. I just said no, but I wished I'd turned up and just been difficult and abusive.'