Thursday, 11 March 2010

'if you had more faith that wouldn't hurt'

A nice apocryphal story (told as such) from an old Web Evangelism Bulletin I've just looked at:

I was listening to a lady who called a radio pastor. The pastor was a wise, grandfatherly gentleman who has that calm reassuring voice that can melt all fear.
The lady, who was obviously crying, said, "Pastor, I was born blind, and I've been blind all my life. I don't mind being blind but I have some well meaning friends who tell me that if I had more faith I could be healed."
The pastor asked her, "Tell me, do you carry one of those white canes?"
"Yes I do," she replied.
"Then the next time someone says that hit them over the head with the cane," he said. "Then tell them 'If you had more faith that wouldn't hurt!'"

It also had this puzzle:
You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a big drop, and on your right there is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you, running side by side, are a pig and horse. You cannot overtake them. Behind is a helicopter chasing you at ground level. What can you do to safely get out of this dangerous situation?
Answer: get off the children's roundabout.