Tuesday, 2 January 2007

yorkshire puddings and shrewsbury abbey crib service

The Friday before our Christmas holiday I had my first ever stab at Yorkshire puddings. They looked unlike any Yorkshire pudding I'd ever had before, but they were okay. A more notable first was on Christmas Eve, when BM&I went to a crib service in Shrewsbury Abbey. We weren't quite sure what to expect, but it wasn't bad at all - a service of carols and readings, with a couple of helpful references forward to Easter and why Jesus came. Some of the Abbey building does date back to the 11th century and the fictional Brother Cadfael's time, although we didn't have much opportunity to look around; I was there once before on a much earlier visit to Shrewsbury. I never made it to the Cadfael Experience, which obviously didn't get enough tourist trade to survive for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment